Employers or Property Managers:
Traffic congestion continues to rank high on metro area residents' list of concerns.
Market research conducted in 2002 found that 30 percent of commuters who work along the I-494 corridor would consider changing jobs to escape traffic congestion.
You can improve your employees' commute and help reduce traffic congestion.
Free Employer Resources at Commuter Services
- Commuter Fair (Representatives from Commuter Services onsite in a cafeteria, lobby or conference room with a resource table of commuting options information, and to answer commute related questions)
- Display of commute options information
- Facilitate formation of carpools and vanpools
- Carpool and vanpool preferred parking signs
- Promotion of commute options for company newsletter or intranet
- Assistance with enrolling in discounted transit pass programs for employees
- New Hire Commute Resources
- Zip Code map - visual tool for employees to see how many people live near them for ridematching purposes
- Zip Code meeting - gather employees together by home zip code for purpose of forming carpools
- Free outdoor bike rack - provided in partnership with Saris. Click here for more information.
- Mn/DOT Presentation on construction projects along I-494
- TDM (Travel Demand Management) Plan assistance